Posted on: 15th May 2020
To support you while schools and colleges are closed and businesses are working from home, we’ve put together a checklist of activities and resources that will boost your skills and help you in your next steps. Each week we’ll be setting you an employability challenge to help you get started.
This week we’re challenging you to write your CV and send it to us for feedback. A killer CV can boost your career and help you achieve your dreams, but it can be hard to know how to get started. Don’t worry: our industry experts are here to help! We’ve also got plenty of tips for you on how to write a CV that will get you noticed by employers.
A CV (curriculum vitae) is a written overview of your skills, education, hobbies and work experience. You’ll often need a CV when applying for jobs, internships, apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities.
You will need:
- Access to a phone, tablet or computer
- An email address
What do you need to do?
- Download our CV writing tips and templates and employability and skills checklist.
- Use one of the templates to draft or update your CV.
- Send your CV to email@example.com.
- We’ll pass it on to our industry experts who’ll give you professional feedback!